We are currently looking for a Corporate Lawyer with 1 or more years of experience primarily in Maltese corporate and company law.
Responsibilities and Functions will include:
- drafting and reviewing of various contracts mainly based on Maltese company law, civil law and employment law;
- handling and provide legal support to complex and material corporate, project- and structured-finance transactions including M&A and Legal Due Diligence;
- assisting with and oversee corporate governance and compliance obligations including drafting and implementation of documentation related thereto;
- respond professionally and timely to address legal and commercial problems and business requests of Company and clients;
- otherwise assisting clients in various corporate, employment, tax, general business law needs or other legal aspects relating to their operations in or through Malta ;
The selected candidate and will be an ambitious team player, looking to join and bolster our legal team.
The ideal candidate, who will be reporting to our Head of Legal, will have an analytical mind, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will be willing to work within a dynamic environment with an exposure to high-end clients and other professional counterparts.
- A Degree in Law;
- A Warrant to exercise the legal profession in Malta and/or working experience in a law firm with exposure to international business will be seen as an asset;
- A Master’s Degree in Law with a focus on corporate and commercial law, Financial Services or similar will be seen as an additional asset but is not required;
- Pro-active approach and able to work on own initiative and under pressure;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent research, analytical, practical problem solving skills and spoken and written English.
Favourable and performance based remuneration packages will depend on experience and qualifications.
Candidates are expected to be team players with a positive can-do attitude. Candidates should be extremely organised, have a sharp eye for detail, and be confident in meeting multiple deadlines in a very fast paced work environment.
If you believe you have what it takes to fill in this role, please send your CV together with your application letter, referring to the position in the subject field to [email protected]. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.