Vacancy: Corporate Lawyer
E&S Consultancy Limited is currently looking for a Corporate Lawyer with 2 or more years of experience primarily in Maltese corporate and company law.
Responsibilities will include:
• drafting and reviewing of various contracts mainly based on Maltese company law, civil law and employment law;
• handling complex and material corporate, project- and structured-finance transactions including M&A;
• liaising with regulators including the Tax Authorities, Registrar of companies and MFSA where necessary;
• drafting and implementation of documentation in relation to corporate governance and compliance obligations;
• Ensuring that requests from clients and colleagues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner;
• Otherwise assisting clients in various corporate, employment, tax, general business law needs or other legal aspects relating to their operations in or through Malta;
The selected candidate and will be an ambitious team player, looking to join and bolster our legal team.
The ideal candidate, who willbe reporting to our Head of Legal, will have an analytical mind, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will be willing to work within a dynamic environment with an exposure to high-end clients and other professional counterparts.
· A Degree in Law (LL.D.) from the University of Malta;
· A Warrant to exercise the legal profession in Malta;
· Working experience in a local law firm with exposure to international business will be seen as an asset;
· A Master’s Degree in Law with a focus on corporate and commercial law, Financial Services or similar will be seen as an additional asset but is not required;
· Pro-active approach and able to work on own initiative and under pressure;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent spoken and written English.
Favourable and performance based remuneration packages will depend on experience and qualifications.
If you believe you have what it takes to fill this role, please send your CV together with your application letter, referring to the position in the subject field to HR@ellulschranz.com. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.