In view of the rapid growth in our client base, we are looking to recruit the following persons on a Full Time basis:
We are currently looking for a Corporate Lawyer with 2 or more years of experience primarily in Maltese corporate and company law.
Responsibilities will include:
• Drafting and reviewing of various contracts mainly based on Maltese company law, civil law and employment law;
• Handling complex and material corporate, project- and structured-finance transactions including M&A;
• Liaising with regulators including the Tax Authorities, Registrar of companies and MFSA where necessary;
• Drafting and implementation of documentation in relation to corporate governance and compliance obligations;
• Ensuring that requests from clients and colleagues are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner;
• Otherwise assisting clients in various corporate, employment, tax, general business law needs or other legal aspects relating to their operations in or through Malta;
The selected candidate and will be an ambitious team player, looking to join and bolster our legal team.
The ideal candidate, who willbe reporting to our Head of Legal, will have an analytical mind, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will be willing to work within a dynamic environment with an exposure to high-end clients and other professional counterparts.
· A Degree in Law (LL.D.) from the University of Malta;
· A Warrant to exercise the legal profession in Malta;
· Working experience in a local law firm with exposure to international business will be seen as an asset;
· A Master’s Degree in Law with a focus on corporate and commercial law, Financial Services or similar will be seen as an additional asset but is not required;
· Pro-active approach and able to work on own initiative and under pressure;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Excellent spoken and written English.
Favourable and performance based remuneration packages will depend on experience and qualifications.
We are currently also looking for a billing officer who will handle the issuing of invoices, chasing of overdue accounts as well as the processing of incoming payments. The selected Candidate will be reporting directly to the CFO.
• Issuing invoices.
• Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments.
• Manage the status of accounts and balances due.
• Prepare reports on billing activity and reporting to the CFO.
• Experience in a similar position would be considered an asset.
• Attention to detail.
• Confident and can work on own Initiative.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office (particularly Excel).
• Very good communication skills
• Proficiency in English (both written and spoken).
• Results-driven and patient.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind, possess strong written and verbal communication skills and will be willing to work within a dynamic environment with an exposure to high-end clients and other professional counterparts.
Candidates are expected to be team players with a positive can-do attitude. Candidates should be extremely organised, have a sharp eye for detail, and be confident in meeting multiple deadlines in a very fast paced work environment.
If you believe you have what it takes to fill any of these roles, please send your CV together with your application letter, referring to the position in the subject field to HR@ellulschranz.com. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.