In the Competitive Index Report 2014 which is based on 12 pillars made up of 144 countries, Malta got the following scores:
- 12th – Quality of Primary Education
- 3rd – Intensity of Global Competition
- 16th – Quality of Education System
- 16th – Ease on access to loans
- 10th – Soundness of banks … amongst others
With these scores at hand, Malta remains with the top 50 countries in the Global Competitiveness Ranking, maintaining its lead and ranking before other major EU countries such as Italy, Hungary, Slovania and Slovak Republic.